The Galvanic Facial is a new treatment now available at Hampson Beauty Clinics. Its name originates from the term ‘galvanism’ discovered by Luigi Galvani, referring to the therapeutic use of electric currents.
This facial uses medium-amperage direct currents to stimulate your skin cells, penetrating active ingredients deep into the layers of your skin. The soft current is applied to the inner layers of the skin electrically by using a charged gel and a galvanic facial machine.
It is recommended for women aged 40 and above, as these facials combat multiple signs of ageing, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles whilst uplifting the skin. However, it is also suitable for those who suffer from congested, oily skin.
You may choose from a full galvanic facial (60 minutes) or select the treatment as a 15-minute add-on to take place directly after another facial, e.g. dermaplaning.
What are the benefits?
1. It cleanses and detoxifies, leaving the skin feeling bright and relaxed. It enables lymphatic drainage, allowing the skin to draw out any harmful toxins.
2. It promotes blood and oxygen flow, encouraging the production of fresh skin cells. This creates a rejuvenated appearance.
3. It improves elasticity by removing dead skin cells and tightening the skin.
4. It allows for deeper product penetration post-treatment. Skincare products will be absorbed immediately by the skin tissue, stimulating and softening the skin.
5. It creates smooth, radiant skin. Using gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing, these facials transform dull, rough complexion into glowing skin. This can also help improve the appearance of acne.
Please bear in mind not everyone is suitable for this treatment. You should avoid a galvanic facial if:
– You are pregnant
– Have high blood pressure or breathing difficulties
– Have a pacemaker or metal implants
– Have undergone a recent chemical peel
– Have undergone recent dental surgery
– Take thinning medication
– Have open wounds or abrasions on the skin
If you have any questions, please call your local clinic.
Tonbridge: 01732 773434
Paddock Wood: 01892 838295